I’ve bet you’ve seen some ads from some unscrupulous online sellers out there. Think of these websites as a very sketchy Amazon or Ebay, where you might be tempted to buy some products with insanely cheap deals. Sometimes you can get free products with the only thing you will need to pay is the shipping fee. You might think that it sounds too good to be true, and in a lot of cases, it was.
The saying you get what you pay for will hold extremely true on this specific website. You might get a product that is of lower quality, heck, you might be luckier if you get a low quality product because sometimes you didn’t get it at all, From experience I remember buying a jacket from them and after waiting months for it when it did arrive it came with this unbearable extreme chemical smell that just won’t go away no matter what I did. Your mileage might vary, though.
So rather than gamble away your hard-earned money buying things from a sketchy seller from abroad, why not consider buying local when you can. You would be surprised that there are a ton of benefits in buying from your fellow Oz.
The Benefits of Buying Ozzy
1. You will be supporting the Economy.
When you purchase anything from an Ozzy company, you keep money in the country, it generates more income by supporting local jobs and businesses. Buying local means your money stays here and it benefits local entrepreneurs and companies. It’s basic economics really, as the demand for local products increases then these companies would have to satisfy that demand, otherwise lose it to the global market. What’s the effect of buying local, you might ask?
For every $1,000,000 an Australian manufacturing company generates:
- $333,900 worth of Tax revenue
- $985,000 worth of Value-added
- $95,000 worth of welfare benefits
- 10 full-time jobs
2. Made to Australian Standards.
Sure. You can buy something from abroad, we’re a free country after all, but are you sure that it’s made well. For me, the jacket I bought from
If you get your goods locally you can at least be sure of its quality mainly because Australia Standards are some of the strictest in the world and businesses are required to meet, quality control, safety, and labour standards that are definitely higher than a sweatshop in rural China. When you buy Australian, you are sure that the business you get them from:
- Produce high quality, top-tier goods
- Provide their employees with wages that are fair and treats them like actual human beings and not machines.
- Use high–quality resources and materials and not use any substandard materials to cut cost
3. Easier Servicing Options and Superior Warranties.
Australian-made goods have guarantees in place that protects customers. Under the Consumer Law, when you buy a product or avail of a service they come with an automatic guarantee that promises a customer that they will work and do the purpose they were intended for. Australian Made Products must be of acceptable quality:
- It should be safe, it should be built to last, and it should not have faults
- It should look acceptable
- Do all the things someone would normally expect them to do
Products must also:
- Match the descriptions made by the salesperson, promos, advertising, packaging and labels
- Match any demo models or samples
- Be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
- Come with full title and ownership. Meaning you should 100% own it
- Not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
- Come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
- Meet any extra promises made about performance, condition, and quality, such as lifetime guarantees and money–back offers
- Have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase, unless you were told otherwise
4. Environmentally Friendly.
Australian companies also have to legally follow very strict environmental guidelines and policies in their manufacturing process. You can be sure that the product you are buying has a minimal impact to the environment.
Another reason why buying Australian is environmentally friendly is that because it’s local, that means when you order a product it produces far fewer carbon miles and greenhouse gas emissions because of the shorter shipping distance of your products. Even less if you just walked or biked to your local store because it’s near.
5. Improved Lead Times and Reduced Delivery Costs.
Let’s say you order something abroad. Common sense will dictate that it will take some time to arrive. Even more so because of Covid. With some unscrupulous online sellers, you might even not receive it at all…
If you want something fast. It’s better to get them nearby than to order them from overseas. Not only are you saving time, but that includes a not so insignificant savings in money too.
Shipping your stuff domestically is markedly cheaper than shipping stuff from overseas, all while being faster and wasting less energy.
6. Covid-19 Recovery.
2020 was far from an awesome year. 2021 was a bit better, but not by much. We thought we had a handle on how to respond to the pandemic, but we’re in our 2nd year of it, and it’s just now that things are slowly going back to the direction of normal, that is if we can get back to the normalcy of pre-covid days at all.
Saying that the Covid-19 pandemic managed to shake up our lives is an understatement. If we’re talking shaking here, the pandemic is a tectonic earthquake that caused a tsunami. It managed to disrupt basically the whole globe, and not just our dear old Australia.
But what if I say that we can help get back to a semblance of normalcy by buying Ozzy made products. How, you might ask.
Like I have said in the first item of this blog: by “Buying local means your money stays here, and it benefits local entrepreneurs and companies.”
You can create jobs in any number of industries. By spending more locally, it means that it increases tax revenue for the government, all while reducing welfare costs.
By supporting Australian businesses, we recover faster, economically and socially, from the pandemic.
Help your mates, buy local. If you ever want to support a local Oz based Utility Kilt Company, here’s a shameless self-promotion.